1. Ownership: The instrument described for your rental is owned by
BERTRAND’S MUSIC and is rented to the undersigned, who is fully
responsible for same, (including damage or loss not covered) until
instrument is returned to a BERTRAND’S MUSIC store location above.
This is not a Contract of Sale or Rent-to-Own Agreement.
2. Payments & Fees: I, the Renter, agree to allow BERTRAND’S
MUSIC to charge my credit card on this rental agreement for all
rental payments, late charges, collection fees, theft or loss.
• This Agreement becomes a month-to-month rental after the initial
prepayment period which is when the next payment is due.
• All rental payments must be on time. It is the renter’s
responsibility to make sure that the credit card is valid and
monthly rent can be charged.
• A $25.00 charge will be made on all returned checks. A late charge
of 10% will be assessed on all past due amounts over 10 days.
• Delinquent Rental Accounts are subject to collection of past due
amounts, late fees, collection costs and fees, and reimbursement to
BERTRAND’S MUSIC for the entire retail value of the rental
• If the account is not brought current within 30 days of the due
date, the instrument must be returned.
• Failure to return the instrument within 30 days will result in the
account being sent to collections and forfeit of any earned credits.
• Renter is responsible for a $17.00 Cleaning, and Sanitation Fee
when instrument is returned and rental agreement is terminated.
3. AUTOMATIC DEDUCTION: Monthly rent and applicable maintenance will
be automatically charged, to the card listed on file:
Renter authorizes BERTRAND’S MUSIC to make an automatic deduction
from the credit card on file for the monthly rent and monthly “POM”
maintenance fees, if elected, beginning on todays date. I further
permit BERTRAND’S MUSIC to amend the expiration date of my credit
card to match the new expiration date each time my credit card is
4. Change of Billing Contact Information: Renter agrees to
immediately notify BERTRAND’S MUSIC of any changes in address,
telephone or credit card information associated with this rental
agreement within 30 days. Additionally I authorize Bertrand's Music
to contact me regarding my account, or to get updated contact
information via phone, email and or text.
5. Instrument Pick Up: Renter hereby grant permission to the
principal, music teacher and/or the school district to allow
BERTRAND’S MUSIC to pick-up the instrument wherever it is located,
in the event of default or an instrument being left at a school.
6. Maintenance: Renter is responsible for the care, maintenance and
the return of the instrument in similar condition to which it was
rented. We allow for normal wear and tear which is solely determined
by BERTRAND’S MUSIC. The renter will be responsible for loss or
damage done to the instrument regardless of cause or fault, unless
Renter chooses the “Peace of Mind” (POM) Maintenance program
outlined below in item 7.
7. “Peace of Mind” (POM) Maintenance Program: Renter liability will
be waived for a monthly maintenance fee for stolen or damaged
instruments, under the following conditions:
• I agree to pay a monthly POM Maintenance Fee of $<
• Account is current at the time of the claim.
• A police report is filed within 5 days and submitted to
BERTRAND’S MUSIC within 30 days, from when the instrument is
lost or stolen.
•If the instrument is accidentally damaged and there are no
signs of malicious intent, which will be determined by
we will repair the instrument at no charge to the renter.
•Daily cleaning and sanitization is not covered in the POM
7a. If Renter DECLINED the “POM” Maintenance Program: By
declining, Renter is responsible for any maintenance, repairs
damage or theft that may occur to the instrument.
8. Failure to Pay or Return: If Renter fails to make scheduled
payments or return instrument to BERTRAND’S MUSIC, it will be
considered a violation of California law, and the Renter may be
subject to additional costs. BERTRAND’S MUSIC has the right to
recover reasonable legal fees brought on by any litigation over
this contract. Any legal proceedings or action relating to
contract shall take place in state or federal court in the
County of San Diego, CA.
9. Changes to Contract Terms: Any changes to the terms of this
contract must be done in writing and signed by the Renter and an
authorized representative of BERTRAND’S MUSIC. No oral
agreements will be honored.
Purchase Option Of A New Instrument
Renter has the right to purchase a NEW INSTRUMENT under the
following discounts, conditions and schedule: Please visit https://www.bertrandsmusicrentals.com/t-purchase_options.aspx, as the Renter, do hereby acknowledge that I have read this
agreement completely; I understand it fully and will comply with
all terms and conditions.
BERTRAND’S MUSIC offers loyal customers a discount option on the purchase of
a select NEW instrument based upon the amount of time they have been renting
Rent-to-Rent program. This is not a Rent-to-Own agreement.
The following conditions must be met by Instrument Family:
FLUTE, CELLO, CLARINET, TRUMPET, TROMBONE, VIOLIN, VIOLA and ALTO SAX
PICCOLO, OBOE, BASS CLARINET, SOPRANO SAX, TENOR SAX, TRIGGER TROMBONE, BARITONE, FRENCH HORN, BARI SAX, TUBA, BELL KIT and STRING BASS